Le Dîner en Blanc NYC: Everything you need to know!
On Thursday, September 14, 2023, Le Diner en Blanc returns to New York, the city that jumpstarted the international sensation, for the 11th edition.
Thousands of people will come together at an iconic undisclosed location for a one-night celebration of food, wine, and friendship.
Dressed to the nines in your best white attire, accompanied by thousands of your closest friends all dining and dancing under the twinkling stars at another iconic secret location!
If this is your first time attending Le Diner en Blanc, or if you need a little refresher on how to prepare, this guide will help you plan for the big day!
What is Le Diner en Blanc
Le Dîner en Blanc is a much-anticipated annual event, the location of which is only revealed at the very last minute! Thousands of people dressed all in white, and conducting themselves with the greatest decorum, elegance, and etiquette, all meet for a mass “chic picnic” in a public space.
Elegantly dressed all in white, guests arrive at a secret location for a chic picnic en masse. Guests bring their own tables, chairs, and picnic baskets—all the trimmings—to sit down with friends and make new connections in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces.
The location remains secret up until the very moment of arrival. Throughout the evening, guests from all backgrounds eat, dance, reconnect with the finer things in life, and make new traditions, as they appreciate their city’s beauty and the night’s magical experience. Everyone leaves with stunning images and memories to last a lifetime, even though the fabulous scene disappears like a dream. The Event will begin at approximately 6:00 pm, however, keep in mind that you will need to meet with your group at your departure points earlier. Your table leader will inform you of your exact meeting time in advance, the time will depend on the departure point you have selected.
How you can attend?
The invitations to attend the event are sent in 3 different phases. See below how you can be part of one of these phases to receive an invitation to register for the event.
Registrations are made in pairs only (for a table of 2) Note that if you cannot attend the event this year, but would like to keep your membership active so that you can remain on the Phase 1 list for 2024, you can renew your membership only by selecting the absentee fee via your invitation email.
Phase 1, Members
Those who attended the 2022 Diner en Blanc New York event have automatically received an invitation by email to attend the 2023 event and will have the privilege to register in Phase 1. Please note that your guest from last year is not a member, so if they are not accompanying you this year, you have the option to sponsor that person, or another friend or family member, which ensures that they will be invited during Phase 2.
Phase 2, Sponsored guests
When registrations are open, while registering yourself and your guest, you will have the opportunity to sponsor a friend, who will then receive their own invitation to register in Phase 2. Please note that this does not happen until you have confirmed your registration. All Phases have access to sponsoring a friend while registering.
Phase 3 Waiting list
If you are not a Member (did not attend the 2022 event) and if you were not sponsored by a Member, you can sign-up for the waiting list by entering your email in the “Registration and Waiting List” This will put you on the Phase 3 round of invitations emails also you can register during Phase 3 https://register.dinerenblanc.com/newyork/en/register Share the waiting list link with your friends, family and colleagues who are interested in sharing this experience too!
*Note that your guest is the person who is accompanying you (sits at your table) your sponsored friend is a person that you send an invitation to so they in turn can register with their guest.
Food and Beverages!
At Le Dîner en Blanc New York, guests are always welcome to bring their own meals and non-alcoholic beverages! Those who would prefer not to pack their own meals can find a beautiful selection of gourmet meal packages that serve 2 guests on our e-store! You will also find on the e-store a beautiful selection of wines and champagne that will pair perfectly with your meal! For more details about the meals, wine and champagne selection visit the E- store announcement page here: https://newyork.dinerenblanc.com/don-t-forget-to-order-your-wine-gourmet-meal--7273
Ensure to bring your tableware, cutlery, tablecloth napkins and wine bottle opener!
Please be advised that if you wish to enjoy wine or champagne at the event, you must pre-purchase through the e-store, as New York state laws prohibit BYO alcohol. Please note that there is a maximum purchase of 2 bottles per table. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
What do I need to bring?
Dîner en Blanc guests bring all the trimmings to savour a gourmet meal with friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. below you will find a list of items to bring to the event. If you don't already have your table and chairs you can find on our website a list of recommended places to purchase or rent your table and chairs:
We have also created an amazon shopping list with the essentials to help you plan: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3L2U9XZKYL2TD/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_2
- A square folding table (28” or 32” / 70cm or 80cm) * we recommend a light roll-up table, see link above!
- 2 white chairs. Label your table and chairs with your name and phone number.
- A white cloth bag, picnic basket, or hamper to carry your belongings
- A complete gourmet meal for two / or your confirmation of catering
- Wine and/or Champagne (2 bottles max) or your e-store receipt
- Water or non-alcoholic drinks
- A white tablecloth and 2 white cloth napkins
- A set for two people of white plates, utensils & glasses (non-disposable; no plastic!)
- Table decorations: lights, vase, flowers… (colourful flowers accepted)
- A wine bottle opener
- Garbage bags
The Perfect Attire
- White clothes (no off-white or cream colour, only white)
- White shoes
- White Hat, Mask, and Gloves… (optional)
- Extra pair of comfortable white shoes (recommended)
- White accessories (gold & silver accepted)
- Warmer white jacket/vest (depending on weather)
- Umbrella or raincoat (white or transparent)
Practical items to consider bringing, although we recommend packing light!
- A Handcart to carry your furniture if your items are heavy
- Bungee Cords to secure your items and or Shoulder Straps.
- Furniture Risers: Risers will give your table another 2” for more legroom
Theme: Vintage Glam!
Get ready to be transported back in time to an era of opulence, charm, and elegance. With the spirit of Vintage Glamour guiding us, we invite you to embrace glamour by incorporating elements such as pearls, fringe, feathers, and sparkle into your tablescape and outfits, in white!
Visit the Theme announcement page for more details about the theme, and tips on how you can create lavish looks that are straight out of a 1920’s soirée: https://newyork.dinerenblanc.com/le-diner-en-blanc-nyc-2023-theme-is-vintage-glam--7549
At registration, you will first select your Group Leader and then your Table Leader based on your preferred departure point (listed below). Your Table Leader will guide you to the secret location! If you are attending with a group of friends, to ensure to sit with your friends, you’ll need to coordinate with them to select the same departure point and Table Leader. Please note that selections are final and they cannot be modified once your registration is confirmed.
The departure points are:
- Subway at Atlantic Ave - Barclay's Center
- Subway at Brooklyn Borough Hall
- Subway at Brooklyn Museum
- Subway at City Hall
- Subway at Columbus Circle
- Subway at Herald Square
- Subway at Madison Square Garden - pedestrian walkway
- Subway at NY Public Library
- Subway at Port Authority
- Subway at South Ferry
- Subway at Times Square #1 - US Army Recruiting
- Subway at Times Square #2 - Needle Threading A Button
- Subway at Tribeca Park
- Subway at Union Square Park
- Subway at Washington Square Park
- Subway at Zucotti Park
- Subway at Greely Plaza
- Subway at Spring Street Park
- Subway at 18th St & 7th Avenue
- Subway at Abingdon Square
- Subway at Arthur W. Strickler Triangle
- Subway at Dr. Gertrude B. Kelly Playground
- Moynihan Train Hall (old 34th Street Post Office)
Le Dîner en Blanc requires from the participants an exemplary citizenship and discipline. Here are the main rules:
- Rain or shine, guests are expected.
- Exude Elegance … in white. Originality is encouraged, as long as it remains elegant and tasteful.
- Bring your own table, chairs, and picnic basket.
- Follow the Volunteer Leader’s instructions.
- Arrive and leave with your Leader. Nobody arrives at the site on their own.
- Drink responsibly. Champagne or wine only. No spirits or beer.
- Clean up: Take all your garbage with you and clean the area around your table.
We hope this guide will help you plan for our participation in Le Diner en Blanc New York on September 14th.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected].
Le Dîner en Blanc – New York team.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: